The Benefits Specialist position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.