Optima can provide your business with an Accounting Manager who can supervise your accounting team under your CFO or Controller. An Accounting Manager from Optima will have a substantial background in accounting and can help improve existing accounting systems or even implement new ones if needed. An Accounting Manager supervises, tracks and evaluates day-to-day activities of the accounting team under the direction of a CFO or a Controller, if applicable. At a small organization, under $1-2 million in revenue, those higher-level positions may not be needed yet.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Create a month-end close process and checklist.
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Prepare financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Prepare balance sheet schedules