Hi California Employers. Here’s a short checklist to make sure you are aware of the latest HR guidelines for 2022.
Minimum wage increases effective 1/1/2022
- The exempt minimum wage amounts are $58, 240 for employers with 25 or fewer employees
- and $62,400 for employers with more than 25 employees
California mandate for employers with 5 or more employees, who don’t already sponsor a retirement plan for their employees, takes effect 6/30/2022
- We are happy to make a recommendation to a trusted 401k partner based on your company size, industry, and 2022 growth plans.
- If you need a referral please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Recommend that employers recheck their exempt/non-exempt employee classification to ensure compliance with FLSA.
- Employers who misclassify their workers due to not understanding the guidelines or to avoid having to pay overtime are opening themselves up to potential claims for unpaid wages, interest, damages, and attorney’s fees.
- Not sure if you company is compliant? We are happy to conduct an HR assessment to help ensure your company is in compliance. Optima Office provides HR assessments for $500-$1500.
IRS Mileage reimbursement rate is 58.50 cents per mile
- It is not a requirement to reimburse your employees this rate for work-related mileage however this is the maximum that employers can reimburse without the employees having to pay tax on that income.
For more information on Optima’s full suite of HR Services please visit our HR Resource Page. https://optimaoffice.com/human-resources/